Raggedy Ann and Andy Dollhouse Bedroom


    Growing up, my mom always had a Raggedy Ann doll. She was drawn to her sweet face and the innocence that the doll represented. Her own childhood had been sadly ripped away from her and so it made sense to me that she would appreciate the comfort that a stuffed rag doll would bring her. 
Over the years she has built up quite a little collection of Raggedy Ann memorabilia, most of which was given to her my her kids, including me.
    Now my own collection, although tiny in size, literally, is driven solely by my love of my mom. It reminds me of her and how much she thought of this cute doll. Now that I have built of quite a little collection of Raggedy Ann (and a little bit of Andy) it was time to put it all together in this dollhouse girls room.


The white bed was a inexpensive white bed w/linens. I just added some adorable Raggedy Ann and Andy fabric to it. I thought the lace was a nice touch! 



The little girl is porcelain with a hand made crochet dress and the amazing Raggedy Ann on the rocking horse is handmade..not by me unfortunately!



A dollhouse for the dollhouse of course! Another found object that I was lucky enough to come across somewhere, sometime ago. 
 The tree play house was really a last minute idea. This girls room is part of the attic and this space is connected to the top part of the dollhouse tower. I was unsure for a while as to what I was going to do with the portion of the wall that jets out. I was just going to go with a standard white wall and then dress the door up in red and blue to go with the theme...but while in the shower (what???? I do a lot of good thinking there!) I reminded my self of all the movies and kid shows that I loved. Most of them involved adventure and magical places and so I decided that a white wall would just not work. I thought about shows like The Smurfs, Strawberry Shortcake, Legend, Willow....etc..and decided a bedroom with its own tree play house would be super sweet and on theme with Raggedy Ann..and so there you go...







 looking down inside the tree playhouse (left) Looking into the playhouse from the room (below)




You can see the start to finish of the room on my YouTube channel! 

https://www.youtube.com/c/WhitneyLaBrie

You can also purchase pre-owned dollhouse furniture and accessories on my eBay site: 

https://www.ebay.com/usr/whitney1614

And feel free to follow me on FaceBook, Instagram and Pinterest:

https://www.facebook.com/WhitneyLabrieEvents











Comments

Popular Posts